Sunday 6 January 2013

SOS saves our skins!

We got the first winner of the year in unusual circumstances at Kempton on Wednesday, superstar yard-stick Spirit of Sharjah came home infront beating only one other finisher. Three jumped off but sadly the Margarson horse was fatally injured and did not finish, luckily our boy was infront and so did not suffer any interference and came home quite easily at the end. Although it was marred by the loss of the horse it was nice to finally get a winner as we have been hitting the cross bar alot. It wasn't a bad day all round really as Sail Home came in 3rd over at Lingfield and the other two at Kempton Automotive and Lea Valley were 3rd and 4th in the same race.


It has been a hectic week as I have been trying to get everything done before I jet away to Dubai for two weeks to visit my son Ross who works as a presenter for Dubai Racing Channel. I don't mind working all year round but there is a time every year when I just have to get away and relax for a while, luckily we have a good team at home and they can keep the show running smoothly while I am away. I won't be taking my phone with me as I want some piece and quiet! Instead you can ring my husband John on 07969590394.

We also had some unlucky losers this week in The Ducking Stool and Handheld. On Friday Ducky made her re-appearance after some time off to finish a close up 5th only being beaten a length by the winner after being boxed in turning for home. Then Andy ran at Lingfield on Saturday and got beaten a nose for 3rd! He runs again on Friday over a longer trip as we think he will settle and there shouldn't be as many that are faster than him at the finish as that is what has been catching him out. Joining him that day at Lingfield will be the long awaited return of Faraway Land. She is a real character in the yard, probably because she has been a nightmare to get to the races as she is riddled with problems, I can't believe we have even got to the stage of entering her and she is still in one piece! But there is a reason we have been persistent with her, she goes extremely well at home and if she can deliver that at the races then she is a banker.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year, to be honest I am glad it is all over as we can all go back to normality and I can train my horses again!

(sorry no pictures this week, computer is on the blink again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment