Sunday 23 January 2011

Going under the knife

I finally had my operation to have a new porcelain hip inserted in my right side. It's been a constant pain for ages and I can't wait to get back riding out. Oh and yes, I am still running the yard but from my phone in the hospital bed, your allowed to send and receive texts! But hopefully a few more days strapped up and they'll let me take my first tentative steps with my new asset, although I have a feeling the other one will need doing soon as well!

Following a few disappointing runs from the ultra- game mare Bushy Dell it has been decided through myself and her owner, Dick Creese, that we shall retire her and let her enjoy her new career as a broodmare. She's been a brilliant yardstick, winning 4 times from the ages of 3-5 and running creditably in a Listed race at Windsor in 2009. She's booked a date with Observatory so hopefully we can see her progeny lighting up the racecourse. We also hope on day to see 'Bushy' galloping about the field with her foal along with Bavarica who may call it a day at the end of the year ( but nothing is set in stone to please still keep an eye on her in amateur races!), but we hope to secure a covering with Three Valleys- surely 2 future champions in the waiting!

Monday saw the re-appearance of Night Orbit over fences. Although well supported in the betting he found it difficult to get his feet out of the sticky ground, along with a mistake at the first he just carried on the race in a bit of a sulk. Little Meadow failed to hit the till as she has been recently and the step up in trip clearly wasn't the answer.

We've got no runners this week (phew!), however Sunday sees the return of our apprentice, another champion in waiting Adam Beschizza, from a stint on America through the winter. He's also managed to be involved in a Jockey's Challenge race run at Pisa racecourse at the end of February, people are beginning to notice his talents and I hope to see him continue his upward curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment