Monday 31 January 2011

On the road to recovery

Well I finally made it out of hospital on Tuesday after my operation went wrong and I couldn't feel my leg. Great to know when my doctor told me that he's done hundreds of operations and this has never happened, just my luck! But he gave me two walking sticks and sent me home which was a relief. I'm only limited to some office work and trips to the heath but it needed to be done and hopefully I'll be back on top of a horse again in no time.

Sunny Spells was our only runner for the week and impressed us by his faultless jumping. Although he needed the run for education and fitness he showed some real promise just fading out for the last mile or so. Whilst on the subject of jumping we've been schooling up the maiden filly Always De One who makes her debut over the sticks on Wednesday. She's a bit of a madam at home and has a mind of her own sometimes, but she's been schooling upsides Night Orbit and sometimes out jumping him so hopefully if she sets her mind to it she may break her maiden tag. We've done it before with Baggsy so we can definitely find a race for her!

Also this week on Thursday comes the return of Sail Home. After winning last time at the greatest of ease she has since come back and is going better than ever at home, she has really come on for the run and loves the racing game, another brilliant run is surely on the cards. People were very keen on owning her after her win and she has now sold out, so well done to you lucky owners who got in quick! Adam Beschizza has his first ride on her since returning from America for a working holiday, ready to pick up from where he left off last season. He has still got his 5lb claim in hand so another productive season ahead for the talented lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment